Spring is in the air, and great reads are in our March edition of SRQ Magazine. The architectural arts arrived with our 16th annual Home of the Year competition showcasing stunning feats of house architecture and design. Those with house and home on the mind can check out our selection of eclectic stools and ottomans, as well as dazzling handcrafted wooden tables from Decor Direct. Hungry for more? Try an unexpected twist on traditional tacos or plan an Impossible burger bar crawl. Last, plan a staycation just down the road, with our flipbook covering all the newest and most exciting additions to Lakewood Ranch, from Waterside Place, the Farmers Market and the polo field, this diverse ‘destination,’ has it all. #LIVELOCAL #LOVELOCAL
- The Wildest Year Yet: DreamLarge spent the entire year planning PINC (People Ideas Nature Culture) collecting curiosities from around the globe.
- Home of the Year 2020: From seaside to street side, inside and out, these award-winning domains celebrate and contribute to a growing legacy of innovative home design.
SRQIST: Local Heart & Soul Stories About the People, Places and Experiences that Define Our Hometown
- In The Eye of the Beholder: Sarasota Art Museum’s visionary exhibition objectifies the theory of color.
- Hollywood Doyenne: Heather Graham visits Ringling College of Art and Design, weighs in on sexism in Hollywood, cult movies and more.
- British Bling: British historian and jewelry designer Andrew Prince wants to see diamonds from across the room.
CULTURE CITY: Arts + Culture, Performing and Visual Arts, Portfolio, In Studio, Art-sheet
- Act Two: The Hermitage Artist Retreat finds Tony Award-Winning leadership in theater maven Andy Sandberg.
- A Lemon Tree: A new gallery graces Palm Avenue.
CARGO: The Goods, Design Dossier, Retail Therapy, Antique Story, Nest, Books
- This Seat Taken?: Funky, yet functional – put our feet up, or pop a squat, with an eclectic collection of ottomans and stools.
- Burn Me On: BIA Candle Co.’s nature-driven candles fill homey dens with scintillating fragrances.
- Tree Whisperer: For Celeste Gruenstein of Decor Direct, it’s all about the wood.
FORAGE: At the Table, Foodarama, Restaurants, Foodie Life
- Southern Renegades: Circo rebels against a predictable pairing to cultivate an unorthodox bourbon and taco scene downtown.
- Mission Impossible: The next generation of America’s favorite fast food, the Impossible and Beyond burger plant-based meat substitutes are on their way to becoming staples. Time to take a bite.
- The Chef Inside the Egg: Three executive chefs prepare the classic French omelet and reveal what makes them tick.
- Canopy Meg: In the treetops with scientist Margaret Lowman.
- Living Lakewood: Nobody believed in the potential of a property at the Sarasota-Manatee line when Rex Jensen signed on in 1990. The Lakewood Ranch executive has enjoyed the last laugh for 25 years and counting.
Get in on all the goodness and check out the March issue today!
-The SRQ team