- TRENDSPORT: SRQ editors’ trends in food, fashion and beyond for 2019.
While we may not be Parisian trendsetters dictating the runways for Fall fashion, or Wall Street masterminds predicting hot stock market investments, or even divine forecasting fans of a fantasy football league, we’d like to think we’ve got a discerning eye on what’s having a moment in the SRQ spotlight. From burgeoning jackfruit options, a proliferation of public murals, a tessellation of mosaic tiling, the contentious welcoming of CBD, advanced Cybersecurity protection, to a wild foray of animal prints and a rising uptick in drone flying—order a snifter of honeyed mead, buckle on a pair of platform wedges and slide into our Rolls-Royce rental to see where we’re headed this season.
- Tribute to Business: Recognizing business success on the Gulf Coast.
As a locally grown, locally owned company, SRQ Media pays tribute to our community’s visionary local businesses and the people behind them who work hard to create economic opportunities every day on the Gulf Coast of Florida.
SRQIST: Local Heart & Soul Stories About the People, Places and Experiences that Define Our Hometown
- Bamboo Boom: Mixon Fruit Farms is up to their ears in bamboo crops in its first ever harvest.
- Goodwill Hunting: An interview with the latest President and CEO of Goodwill Industries International Steven C. Preston.
- Parenting Balance: An interview with award-winning author and clinical child psychologist Ross W. Greene.
CULTURE CITY: Arts + Culture, Performing and Visual Arts, Portfolio, In Studio, Artsheet
- The Space in Between: The Modern Works Festival at Urbanite Theatre gives emerging artists a voice.
- Building a Brain: Moments of time converge and coalesce as sculptor Zach Gilliland maps his memories in steel.
CARGO: The Goods, Design Dossier, Retail Therapy, Antique Story, Nest, Books
- Pineapple Parade: Doling out the crowning tropical fruit of liquid gold.
- Scavenger Savvy: The Copper Acorn takes thrifting next level—sourcing and staging the scene for enchanting vintage affairs.
- A Bathroom Exposé: Lock yourself in to some notably cool and unorthodox public restrooms found behind closed doors.
FORAGE: At the Table, Foodarama, Restaurants, Foodie Life
- Pizza’s Made Man: Bavaro’s Napoletana & Pastaria brings pizza panache South of the Bay.
- Best Kept Secret: Siam Gulf’s cover is about to be blown as the Thai hidden gem that it is.
- Forks & Corks: Seeking shelter at The Ringling and looking at the glass half full at the 12th Annual Grand Tasting.
AGENDA: Insight on Politics, Government and Business
- Drawing the Line: Sarasota redistricting stirs political accusations.
GIVING COAST: Stories from our Philanthropic Community
- Funding Tech Futures: Tech has been good for Andrew and Judith Economos. Now they will give back to students in the field.
SPECIAL FLIPBOOK FEATURE:
Living Lakewood: Despite being the region’s homebuilding game-changer for now roughly a quarter century, there’s still incredible growth on the horizon east of Interstate 75. In fact, Lakewood Ranch has become the most popular places to buy a home, not only in the greater Sarasota area, but the entire United States.
Get in on all the goodness and pick up a copy of this month’s edition today!
CLICK HERE to access the pages of the September 2019 SRQ digital edition.