- BEST of SRQ LOCAL: It’s been 20 years since SRQ Magazine first hit Mailboxes in the (941) and beyond, and the sunshine’s only gotten sweeter since–as evidence each year with the annual best of SRQ Local competition, giving mad props to the bangin’ local businesses that make each season better than the last. This year, we celebrate the here and now with a little trip to the way back when, to where it all started, to that weird and wonderful superunknown we remember simply as the ’90s. Hold on Hella tight and stay frosted, this trip ain’t for scrubs. #LOVELOCAL #SRQ20
SRQIST: Local Heart & Soul Stories About the People, Places and Experiences that Define Our Hometown
- Pig Pen: Local humorist and author Lee Volpe finds her favorite book character in Officer, the mini pig.
- Darwin’s Theory of She-Volution: Descended from circus artists and international magicians, Erika Cain was naturally selected to become an inveterate performer.
- Whisked Away: The Ringling Museum hosts an exclusive choreographic ceremony of Chanoyu to learn the Japanese mastery of matcha.
CULTURE CITY: Arts + Culture, Performing and Visual Arts, Portfolio, In Studio, Art-sheet
- Building a Movement: The women of Moving Ethos Dance Company make it personal at Ringling Residency with girlwoman.
- Regarding Henry: The lost art of Post-Impressionist artist Henry St. Claire finds its way to Sarasota.
- With Attitude: Artistic Director Janet Eilber on the future and philosophy of the Martha Graham Dance Company.
- Colors of Exploration: In the lab with the gladdest mad scientist in Sarasota. Andrea Dasha Reich.
- Modern Day Medici: An interview with Sam Alfstad on the gallery game.
AGENDA: Insight on Politics, Government and Business
- Golden Opportunity: What will consolidating University of South Florida campus mean for Sarasota–Manatee?
CARGO: The Goods, Design Dossier, Retail Therapy, Antique Story, Nest, Books
- Top of the Morning: Size daybreak’s early hours with goods that get you rewed and going.
- Fashion Runway: Our favorite fashion runway trends of Summer 2019.
- Modest Modern: Firmo Construction and architect Lunardi invest in a new model in historic Indian beach–sapphire shores.
- Mining Magic: McCarver and Moser celebrates 40 years with the inclusion of Robert Procop’s Exceptional Jewels Collection.
FORAGE: At the Table, Foodarama, Restaurants, Foodie Life
- Subterfuge and Flavor: Umbrellas 1296 catches the eye, but its really after your belly.
- Feeling Hungary?: A bevy of European bakers and chefs bring Old World comfort and cuisine.
WANDERLUST: Florida Staycations and Weekend Getaways
- Treasure in the Keys: Reclaiming the Florida keys from Hurricane Irma with an extensive renovation of Hawks Cay Resort on Duck Key.
Get in on all the goodness and pick up a copy of this month’s edition today!
-The SRQ team
CLICK HERE to access the pages of the APRIL 2019 SRQ digital edition.