Get ready to explore the kitchens and cozy spaces made memorable by the plethora of heartfelt Latin American restaurants in the region. Each country serves up traditional authentic dishes that celebrate the family, the flavors and the festivity of eating together. Mom-and-pop, family-run hotspots truly know what it means to serve food with heart and take your palate way off the beaten path to explore and be ultimately satisfied. Get out there and treat your tastebuds to new epicurean adventures and nosh it up #LIVELOCAL #LOVELOCAL
- La Vida Comida: From the Andres mountains to the Amazon rainforest and all the playas in between, the diverse lands of Latin America offers dishes for every climate and occasion. Discover the robust Latin cuisine scene here in Sarasota-Bradenton and all the culinary fare it entails.
- Vino A Deux: A continental road trip pairing European culinary showstoppers with the perfect glass of wine. These four restaurants represent the essence of their homestead country with mainstay dishes of origin, while Sean King of Michael’s On East and Michael’s Wine Cellar recommends a complementary varietal of vino to perfectly pair.
SRQIST: Local Heart & Soul Stories About the People, Places and Experiences that Define Our Hometown
- Dean, The Machine: Meet the two-time title holder of Youth World Champion Oarsman.
- The Nutty Professor: One woman takes it upon herself to improve the town’s nut milk game.
- Chilling Local: Siesta Key Village welcomes Local Chill Artisanal Ice Cream to the neighborhood.
- Extreme Positions: Choreographer Ana Maria Alvarez channels joy with Sarasota Contemporary Dance.
CULTURE CITY: Arts + Culture, Performing and Visual Arts, Portfolio, In Studio, Artsheet
- Dishing Up Drama: Kristin Franklin brings Urbanite’s latest show, Apples in Winter, from page to stage.
- Fashioning A Narrative: Looking for truth in contemporary photography with REAL Fashion Photography
- The Politics Of Art: Looking back on election season art with Sheryl Oring.
CARGO: The Goods, Design Dossier, Retail Therapy, Antique Story, Nest, Books
- Epicurean Ammunition: Fill Pantry and spice rack with these hyper-local cooking devices.
- Seize The Clay: Throwing pots- and ideas- around with three local ceramicists.
- Caribbean Enclave: A Caribbean-inspired home in Hillview takes on the best view of Sarasota Bay.
FORAGE: At the Table, Foodarama, Restaurants, Foodie Life
- Thai Hotspot: The Spice Station gives Sarasota Thai with a twist.
- Lord of Alkali: Time Norwood turns the Gulf of Mexico with organic, artisanal seasoning for your fish, meat, veggies and fruit.
RECONNOITER: Case Study, Agenda
- Best Laid Plans: Sarasota leaders once again consider the reach of form based code’s vision.
- Leaps and Bounds: Rising star of the Sarasota to Cuban Ballet, Harold Mendez takes the from to new heights in international competition.
Get in on all the goodness and pick up a copy of this month’s edition today!
-The SRQ team
CLICK HERE to access the pages of the FEBRUARY 2019 SRQ digital edition.