Honoring INC.—We celebrate local titans who inspire innovation, navigate change and capture opportunity. The individuals featured throughout SRQ’s annual business edition include visionary powerhouses, corporate acumen and philanthropic courage. Plug in for an all-encompassing jump start to the new year to get your brain juices flowing and motivated for 2019’s endeavors! #LOVELOCAL
- Amenities in Mod: Sarasota’s role in the modern architecture movement holds renown among lovers of art, built environment and history. Now, a new hotel in the Rosemary District, Sarasota Modern, honors the entire movement in every cubic inch of construction
- Economics Ecology: To most of the world, the Sarasota-Bradenton environment means white sands, 60-something temperatures in the winter and a great place for deep-sea fishing. But for the roughly 700,000 people who live and work in the region, this ecosystem serves as a habitat for young families and growing businesses, a biome of commerce and communication.
- Passion Play:At the fifth annual PINC Sarasota conference, transformation was the word of the day. From world-class artist to top-notch researchers and hard-hitting activist, each speaker took the stage to showcase the power of passion in the hands of a first-rate mind.
SRQIST- Local Heart & Soul Stories About the People, Places and Experiences that Define Our Hometown
- Hanging Around: At the Myakka City Lemur Reserve, Dr. Alison Grand protects endangered primates.
- Have Improv, Will Travel: Will Luera takes the art of improv on a global tour with Florida Studio Theater.
- Plans for Parrish: Evan Guido brings neighbors together around a Parrish Central Park plan.
- Absolute O’Shea: New College of Florida’s Donal O’Shea talks Paris, Canada, and the wonders of math.
- A Crimson Cure: FIU and Mote Marine are putting in extra lab hours to save the manatees from algal bloom outbreaks.
- Penny Hoarding: Penny Hoarder Kyle Taylor shares secrets of his—and maybe your—success.
CULTURE CITY- Arts + Culture, Performing and Visual Arts, Portfolio, In Studio, Artsheet
- State of the Stage: Eyeing a big move to Lakewood Ranch, the Players staff prepares for its biggest production yet.
- Broadway First: New York playwright Young Jean Lee puts straight white men under the microscope.
- Musical Escape: In the Gospel according to Fred, salvation lies with classical music from The Chopin Project.
- Light Conservation: a humble carpenter resurrects reclaimed wood to build a new aesthetic.
CARGO- The Goods, Design Dossier, Retail Therapy, Antique Story, Nest, Books
- Winter Worship: Avoid turning the heat up on the thermometer with these soulful and cozy winter provisions.
- Sew True, Sarasota: T.Georgiano’s owner Tatyana Sharoubim, brings easy-going coastal lifestyle clothing to SRQ.
- On The Run At The Roadshow: On art heists, non-extradition and the moral hazards of antiquing.
FORAGE- At the Table, Foodarama, Restaurants, Foodie Life
- Liquid Luster: Figure out what’s good with the 34+ craft beers on tap at Good Liquid Brewing Company.
- Street Sammies: Start your day right with stacked, savory sandwiches from State Street Eating House.
RECONNOITER- Case Study, Agenda
- Freshman Class: A new state of lawmakers are heading to the capitol to represent the region in Tallahassee and Washington D.C.
- Phototrophic Growth: Firmly rooted, Marine Selby Botanical Gardens reaches for the sun with a new master plan.
Get in on all the goodness and pick up a copy of this month’s edition today!
-The SRQ team
Click Here to access the pages of the JANUARY 2019 SRQ digital edition.