Summer is coming to an end and Fall is around the corner—giving new life and a sense of revival to the same old staples lead us to Sarasota-Bradenton’s keenest innovations for 2018. Enjoy September’s special edition of Trendsport—highlighting the cultivated creations from around town. We have a sneaking suspicion you’ll enjoy what we discovered on our scavenger hunt to bring you the latest and greatest trends. #LOVELOCAL
- Trendsport: Cultivated trends and the keenest creations of 2018.
- Rosemary Rising: With decades of false starts behind it, the north Sarasota district now booms. Rosemary is in the midst of a long-awaited investment, revival and vibrancy.
SRQIST- Local Heart & Soul Stories About the People, Places and Experiences that Define Our Hometown
- More Than Coffee: Local artist and small business owner Tracy de Chevron Villette fosters community at The Clever Cup in Gulf Gate.
- Flying The Crystal Skyes: Sarasota travel agency Admiral Travel International books lush and lavish jet for safari adventure
- Triumph In Tandem: Heidi Brown values human equity in her work at Jewish Family and Children’s Service.
- A Strange And Beautiful Flower: Judy Alexander unites community and creativity at the Bazaar on Apricot & Lime
- The Sun + The Siren: CEO of Tri Sirena shares her story of protective sports gear apparel
- Green No Longer: With a change in leadership and bold plans for expansion, the future looks rosy for PINC.
- Empathy Epidemic: An interview with Forty Carrots Community Speaker Michele Borba on raising empathetic kids.
CULTURE CITY- Arts + Culture, Performing and Visual Arts, Portfolio, In Studio, Artsheet
- A Theory of Evolution: Saying goodbye to Ringling International Arts Festival means more contemporary performance, not less.
- Passing The Baton: After a yearlong search, Venice Symphony welcomes a new music director and a new chapter with conductor Troy Quinn.
- Call To The Wild: In her Rosemary studio, Grace Howl embraces the anarchic side of artistic expression.
- Bright Ideas: Ringling College students shine at 2018 SOURCE Awards for lighting design.
- ArtSheet: Events not to be missed this month.
CARGO- The Goods, Retail Therapy, Book Brand, NicNacs, Antique Story, Nest
- Motorcycle Mania:For the thrill-seeking daredevils vying to ride in style at full-throttle.
- Malbi In Mind: Drape yourself and your home in coveted provisions from this Italian downtown boutique.
- Game Night: Challenge yourself to a pursuit of good old-fashioned fun with this mid-century Maj Jongg set.
- Book It: Between sci-fi epics and World War II heroes, questionable personality tests and Southern alchemy.
FORAGE- At the Table, Crumbs, Restaurants, Three Way, Pantry, Foodie Life
- As Seen On TV: Behind the Chef Rolf brand is a real tale of happenstance and adventure.
- From Kingston With Love: From oxtails to Audrey’s and from Sarasota to Palmetto, local Jamaican eateries bring Caribbean flavors.
- Trois Souffles: Whet your appetite with varying takes on the souffle and have a hand in baking the French masterpiece yourself at home.
RECONNOITER- Dispatches, Case Study, Agenda, Rattlebag
- Tariff Tension: Will tariffs help or hurt Gulf Coast commerce?
- On Top of the World: Another jewel in the crown of the Queen of the Air.
Get in on all the goodness and pick up a copy of this month’s edition today!
-The SRQ team
Click Here to access the pages of the SEPTEMBER 2018 SRQ digital edition.