We’re thrilled to present the special edition of July’s magazine flipbook. On one side, get to know the Hear Me Roarers from our Women In Business initiative, and then do the flip! The third edition of Modern Home is published on opposite side—featuring local home builders’ profiles, newly released books on architecture and modern interior furnishings. #LIVELOCAL #THRIVELOCAL
- Fearless Optimism: How a purpose-filled path fuels Trailblazer of Timbuk2 Patti Cazzato’s Roar.
- “Jushing” A Beautiful Life: An intimate interview with our covergirl and 2018 WIB keynote speaker Cricket Burns.
SRQIST- Local Heart & Soul Stories About the People, Places and Experiences that Define Our Hometown
- Cuni Tuni’s Sweet Success: Middle Eastern flavor with a family touch can be found at Sarasota Farmers Market.
- Making Bank: Gulfside Bank will be the first new community institution to open its doors in a decade.
- Worth The Wait: An in-brief interview with comedian Ali Wentworth with another round of irreverent insight.
- Right In Our Own Backyard: Lucas Lagoons ups the ante transforming drab backyard spaces into aquatic sanctuaries.
- Hands On: Creative Recruiter Sidney Clifton nurtures the talent she seeks.
- Financing The Drama: Theater facilities throughout Sarasota bear Arnold Simonsen’s name.
CULTURE CITY- Arts + Culture, Performing and Visual Arts, Portfolio, In Studio, Artsheet
- Seize The Carp: Strasbourg’s finest look to live it up at the Sarasota Improv Festival.
- Conservation Couture: Embracing the snakeskin style with Nikki Sedacca of 530 Burns Gallery.
- A Study In Sand: From Kentucky boy to Florida man: Tim Jaeger embraces a new home.
- 30 Under 30: Interviews with Abigail Oakes and Melissa Coleman Sperber.
CARGO- The Goods, Retail Therapy, Book Brand, NicNacs, Antique Story, Nest
- Turkish Treasures: Dispatch to the Middle East with passport stamped provisions from Karavan Treasures.
- Dialing Doctor Who: Own your own piece of British history with a vintage telephone booth from across the pond.
- Book It: Murder mysteries, real-world political thrills, flights of fancy and even some special recommendations to send readers back to the classics.
FORAGE- At the Table, Crumbs, Restaurants, 5 Ingredients, Pantry, Foodie Life
- A Cut Above: Southern Steer aims to not only fill bellies with matchless marinated meats, but warm hearts with a commitment to community.
- Dulce De Leche: Enjoy the sweet decorum of Dulce de Leche in tres maneras.
WANDERLUST- Florida Staycations and Weekend Getaways
- Ocean’s Edge: A special birthday spent at the perfect family island escape in Islamorada at Amara Cay Resort.
RECONNOITER- Collaborative Dialogue, Dispatches, Case Study, Agenda, Rattlebag
- Schoolyard Taunts: Secret texts and games of chicken mar school board discourse. What’s going on with Gulf Coast school leaders?
- Queen Of The Night: Get a glimpse of the exotic, rare flower at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens.
MODERN HOME FLIP SIDE-
- Mindful Masters: The locale-minded designs of mid-century modern abodes— from Judith Chafee’s desert oases to Paul Rudolph’s coastal landmarks.
- Getting Smart: Accidental archivist wants a record of the movement that made Sarasota famous.
- Living Pages: Fly through the pages of these newly released books—geared for design junkies, architecture buffs, students of modernism, activists of elegant solutions and admirers of modern homes from around the globe.
- Interior Artforms: Eclectic textural design to dominate interior furnishings.
Get in on all the goodness and pick up a copy of this month’s edition today!
-The SRQ team
Click Here to access the pages of the JULY 2018 SRQ digital edition.