It’s Roar Time! SRQ’s Women in Business Leadership initiative celebrates it’s fifth anniversary with a Roaring Retrospective. May’s Special Tribute Edition showcases participants who share their stories of insight, inspiration and empowerment, as we recognize their success as influential and impactful leaders in Sarasota & Bradenton.
- STEM VS. STEAM: Few acronyms developed such ubiquity in the world of education as STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). Meanwhile, the concept of STEAM (adding an ‘A’ for Arts), gains ground.
- His Stand: Novelist David Baldacci on assassinating illiteracy.
SRQIST- Local Heart & Soul Stories About the People, Places and Experiences that Define Our Hometown
- Of Tech and Tesserae: From computer science pioneer to celebrated mosaic artist, Dr. Ken Knowlton blurs the lines.
- Detail Work: The tiny parts in medical devices come from a Sarasota firm.
- The Right Strings: Jack Dezelski at the Manatee Chamber is ready to Help Ya, Help Ya, Help Ya.
- Point. Click. Drive?: How will new online companies reshape the Gulf Coast car market?
- Stepping Stones: The Studdiford’s put their hearts behind the new foundation helping local college-aspiring kids.
- Shear Genius: Fashion Focus Academy attracts cutting-edge coaching from the best in the industry.
- 30 Under 30: The Marketing Guru, Marissa Rossnagle and The Constant Colleague, J. Barton Lowther.
CULTURE CITY- Arts + Culture, Performing and Visual Arts, Portfolio, In Studio, Artsheet
- All For One: On the public-private partnership that brought international sculpture to Sarasota, and what this means for the future.
- Dressed to Impress: New Ringling Museum exhibition gives a behind-the-seams look at the work of costume designer extraordinaire Miles White.
- Conjuring the Canvas: Journey to another world with the art of Barbara Krupp.
- The Stuff of Magic: Amongst writers, directors, actors and audiences, one man helps bring them all together.
- Art Sheet: Events not to be missed this month.
CARGO- The Goods, Retail Therapy, Book Brand, NicNacs, Antique Story, Nest
- Lucky Lavender: Immerse yourself in the it color of the year.
- Endless Summer: Jacob Shields dives into the ins and outs of what makes this community shred.
- You’re Just the Type: Sarasota Vintage Typewriters take you on a journey through history.
- Book It: Broadening horizons and exploring the unknown, these thought-provoking picks will be great for your reading lists.
FORAGE- At the Table, Crumbs, Restaurants, 5 Ingredients, Pantry, Foodie Life
- All in the Family: Pazzo Southside offer a homey spot for Italian-American comfort food.
- Jarring Nibbles: Feast on creative bites served in trendy glass jars.
- Coconut Crazed: Learn how to get your coconut fix in a trichotomy of different forms.
- 4141. S Tamiami Trail: Strip Mall Findings–Amongst the overlooked and undersung, scope out these choice options.
RECONNOITER- Collaborative Dialogue, Dispatches, Case Study, Agenda, Rattlebag
- At the Firing Line: The debate about school safety and guns on campus takes over Tallahassee.
- Finding New Fronts: As midterms approach, a variety of candidates find their place in the field.
- Rodeo Reinvented: Arcadia All Florida Championship Rodeo celebrate 90 years.
Get in on all the goodness and pick up a copy of this month’s edition today!
-The SRQ team
Click Here to access the pages of the MAY 2018 SRQ digital edition.