March is all about attention to the finer things in your home, from a showcase of exceptional residences in our annual Home of the Year Awards, to a look inside the world of real estate mogul Michael Saunders and the green-tinged life of landscape architect David Young. Relish in the glory of each beautifully designed page.
Announcing the winners of the 13th annual Home of the Year Awards, where local builders architects, designers and landscape artists are celebrated for the best of the best in stunning spaces along the Gulf Coast.
Possibly the most recognizable name in the game, Michael Saunders has redefined real estate and reshaped the community where she was raised. From the shores of Longboat Key to the terraces of multi-million dollar villas, Saunders has forged her own path.
After years of stagnation, the 42 acres comprising the Sarasota Bayfront project receive another stab at revitalization as local leaders look to leave a lasting cultural and economic legacy.
Out and About
- Chill vibes and mullet breakfasts with David Young.
- Realism gets serious with three local artists.
- Martha Mooke‘s show-stopping feats of electric viola performance.
- Cutting through the literary muck with Robert Olen Butler.
- Revamping boardroom couture with Be Brilliant Bags.
- Expanding and growing with Mote’s Tropical Research Laboratory.
- Getting the under-30 scoop with Ashley Stewart and Ellen Overstreet.
- Arts and Cultural Alliance gives artists a leg up with funding.
Hunting and Gathering:
- Be forever known as the host with the most with killer party essentials.
- Start a fitting room inside Tracy Negoshian‘s new St. Armands Circle boutique.
Parting Shot: Abstract oil on canvas by the enigmatic Mr. Krisztian.