Do you remember the last time you FLIPPED OUT? We do. Because we just did.
The brand new issue of SRQ Magazine and Modern Home Magazine is here and this one is going down in the SRQ History Books. We can’t contain our excitement, so we decided to share with you the top five reasons that we can’t wait for you to see it!
1. Two words: FLIP BOOK. The July issue of SRQ Magazine has quite a trick. Flip it over to reveal the newest of SRQ Media’s portfolio of publications, Modern Home Magazine. That’s right! More to love. Enjoy your regular installment of all things local in SRQ and then flip over to Modern Home.
2. Did we mention Modern Home Magazine? You may have heard that the same good folks who deliver SRQ to your mailboxes and newsstands each month were developing a new magazine devoted to the modern vernacular of architecture and home design. This is it! Trust us, you don’t want to miss page upon page of breathtaking photography, enviable dwellings across the Gulf Coast and the unparalleled talent of architects right here in our backyard. If you love houses and design, if you’re looking for an architect or builder or if you just love thumbing through breathtaking home photography, you’re going to love it.
3. Gorgeous Cover Girl: Adrienne Vittadini graces (and we really mean it) the July cover! She is the epitome of beauty, style and success. We swooned when we met her at the SRQ Hear Me Roar Luncheon in April, and this glimpse into her storied career and home is every bit as warm and inviting as she is. One thing is for certain, she is humble and kind and sincere – despite her influence as one of the top style icons of the twenty-first century. And of course, we take pride in the fact that she’s a hometown girl.
4. ASLA Design Medal Winner Thomas Balsley: When we interviewed Thomas Balsley, we had no idea he was destined to win the 2015 ALA Design Medal. But we aren’t surprised in the least. His talent is astounding. His instincts on how people engage with parks and public spaces are uncanny. And his demeanor, perfection. Tom has seen and experienced more than we can fathom in his 30+ years of work as a Landscape Architect. He has worked with the likes of the Samsung’s R&D Campus in Seoul, South Korea, Martha Stewart and Donald Trump, and closer to home his firm was the mastermind behind the successful redevelopment of Curtis Hixon park in downtown Tampa. He dreams big, and always delivers. You won’t want the feature story on him in Modern Home to end.
5. It’s Peachy: Once again, staff writer Phil Lederer has hit it out of the park. This time, he’s written pure poetry on the summer’s most juicy fruit – the peach. And since this story was penned by Phil, we know that you’ll walk away having learned a thing or two, had more than a few laughs and a new appreciation for this slightly furry fruit.
Of course, there’s more than five reasons why we can’t wait for you to see this special issue–but it’s hard to type and jump up and down at the same time. All of the departments you love to savor (like Out & About, At The Table and SRQ&A) are in the July issue so that you won’t miss a beat when it comes to the best ways to live local. We hope you cherish this issue as much as we do.
Catch you on the flip side,
The SRQ Team